YOUR MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESIn this role you will develop both basic and more technical approval drawings based on sketches or descriptions from account managers or customers. Select appropriate subcomponents and ensure all connections are engineered to function as required (i.e. temperature, pressure). This may include developing test protocols and performing physical tests. Besides that, you'll:
- Calculate sale price of Single Use products using software provided.
- Entering/maintaining Bills of Materials (BOM) and Method of Manufacturing (MOM) in ERP system.
- Conduct feasibility and cost estimation of products to ensure the design can meet business and customer needs.
- Perform various tests (e.g. pressure test, pull test, etc.) and create validation packets for customers.
- Maintain engineering documents including a library of all subcomponents with appropriate data.
- Assist in resolving customer complaints in a timely manner; notify management of problems and suggest corrective actions.
- Understand and support company operating procedures to provide proper and effective service to all customers and foster the development of long term business relationships.
- Travel to customer locations to assist sales team with customer opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Technical degree in Mechanical Engineering, Ship Building or Medical Engineering or similar field and/or combination of education and experience.
- Drawing experience in AutoCAD or similar engineering software (Solidworks, Inventor, etc.) is a nice to have.
- Experience with plumbing, piping or p&id drawings is a strong asset.
- Highly organized and good communication skills
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers and suppliers
- Ability to grasp technical concepts and their application to customer’s processes
- Computer skills and good understanding of excel
- Ability to communicate verbally and written in English and Dutch.
- A dynamic work environment within a fast growing, constantly developing part of our company.
- A 7 month contract, that will be extended after a positive evaluation.
- 13th month + bonus system
We know we're asking a lot, but our client also has a lot to offer in this role where there is lots of room for you to develop yourself even further. Think this should be your next step? Then we are looking forward to your application!