About our client
They are one of the most admired fashion and lifestyle companies in the world. They power brands that drive fashion forward – for good and market a variety of goods under their nationally and internationally known owned and licensed brands.
They empower their associates to design their future with opportunities to be their best selves. Their associates co-create as one team of creative and innovative people to connect to their consumers around the world and impact their iconic brands to drive fashion forward – for good.
Accessories & Footwear is a relatively new and fast growing division comprising all accessories product categories including handbags, small leather goods, belts, textile accessories, and footwear categories such as sneakers, boots, flip-flops, sandals and slippers, for both men and women.
This division consists of the following teams:
- Product Merchandising – responsible for the planning and implementation of a successful product strategy which meets the territory specific product requirements and delivers on sales, productivity and margin targets
- Market Merchandising – ensure effective and consistent communication between division, country sales and retail. Supports the presentation of collections to country sales teams and key accounts
- Design – driver of the visual creation of the product line, working closely with Creative Direction in NY, Merchandising and PD in order to bring the product vision to life
- Product Development – driver of the development process of product made for the European market. Working closely with Merchandising, Design, factories and planning teams in order to deliver high-quality, profitable collections on-time to market
What you will be doing
The Merchandising Coordinator supports/assists the Sr. Merchandising Manager and will collaborate with the other team components for day-to-day merchandising activities.
- PLM collection set up and maintenance guaranteeing all correct fields are up to date and information is accurate
- Implement correct sample coordination process; scanning, set up and sourcing, for key meetings and market launch
- Generate seasonal reporting and end of season anaylsis for merchandise manager on sell in and sell out data
- Assist the merchandise manager on the collection build, to understand and fully update key cross functional stakeholders at every stage
- Assist merchandise manager in seasonal price and competitor research to influence briefing for the new season
- Provide necessary information on any product related changes through sales memo and operations memo
- Organize and provide sales package deck as well as adhoc requests (pictures, data, samples) during sales season
- Comprehensive note taking and design overviews check to complete and ensure accuracy of information at every product milestone
- Prepare and assist organizing design and sales meeting materials (boards, hand-outs, power point file)
- Support division and carry out administrative and other ad hoc supportive tasks (ie. Meeting preparation, booking rooms, visual tools etc)
The ideal candidate
- BA degree
- 1+ year work experience in fashion preferred
- Excellent organizational, communication and critical thinking skills necessary
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced and hybrid environment (in person and from remote)
- Natural team player
- Project management skills
- Ability to handle pressure while working on multiple tasks under tight deadlines by providing high quality work results
- Positive and pro-active attitude
- Intermediate/advanced skills in MS Office: Excel and Power point
- Interest and flair for product
- Fluent in English
This is a temp role for initially 9 months (till end of february 2023), with a possible extension. If you have any questions about the role, please do reach out to Tristen Haagsma.