They set science in motion to create a better world. To achieve this mission, we are currently looking for a Supervisor Purchasing to help them achieve this.
What you will be doing in this role
You'll have the overall responsibility for Purchasing associate performance improvement to meet agreed upon productivity and quality objectives. You'll also be responsible for Customer Service associate development. However that's not all.
- Manages associate hiring, retention, progressive disciplinary process and terminations as necessary.
- Lead focus teams and pilot projects on areas of improvement. Leads and participates, assists and represents customer service on process improvement initiatives, such as Kaizen, OLE projects, etc.
- May take the lead on smaller projects or portions of significant projects.
- Monitors and maintains daily workflow/service levels/activities within the center.
- Interacts with multiple departments to ensure cooperation in order to meet the needs of the customer.
- Support business needs, when necessary, as part of the business continuity plan; temporarily manage daily business needs during business continuity event to minimize Supplier interruptions.
- Handles most complex escalated calls, complaints, questions and queries as necessary. Researches the most complex supplier issues, determining the cause of the problem. Follows up with the supplier and appropriate parties to ensure sales are maintained.
- Responsible for maintaining personnel records including performance and attendance.
- Responsible for following and enforcing building procedures.
- You lead daily management of vendors including PO creation, confirmations and updates, adjusts delivery dates, provides feedback to buyers regarding inventory position and runs reporting to populate vendor scorecards and helps facilitate monthly metric reviews.
- You utilize the daily purchasing workbench to perform performs ERP system updates for master data fields in conjunction with AFH master data policy, issue RMA’s, coordinate communication on discontinuation of raw materials.
- You have the lead in MRP transactions to support buyers with PFEP, master data updates, part maintenance, and master data auditing and corrective actions.
- You manage indirect vendors including vendor managed inventory for consumables
- You follow standard work flow established for the role and provides recommendations for improvements
The ideal candidate
Has a bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Business, or Mathematics preferred or equivalent/applicable experience combined with 1 year leadership experience.
- 1-2 years working in a procurement capacity preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written in both Dutch and English
- Ensure that customers receive a quality customer experience when they interact with an Customer Service Representative
- Advanced PC skills and strong knowledge of Exact
- Ability to handle high profile issues, complex supplier situations, and escalated supplier calls; maintain composure and positive attitude at all times.
- Confident and strong decision maker with ability to balance customer needs vs. company objectives
- Resourceful to be problem solver and process improver
- Strong leadership, coaching, and mentoring skills
- Ability to drive results and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and complex environment
- Must be comfortable working in a matrix environment
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
What they can offer you
They can offer you a dynamic work environment within a fast growing, constantly developing part of their company.
You will receive a 1 year contract, that after this period could become permanent after a positive evaluation. The salary package includes a 13th month, holiday allowance, bonus system and 31 holidays.
We know we're asking a lot, but our client also has a lot to offer in this role where there is lots of room for you to develop yourself even further. Think this should be your next step? Then we are looking forward to your application!