About our client
They are an international fashion label and believe in fostering an inclusive and collaborative culture by celebrating different perspectives, backgrounds and beliefs to truly connect with their associates and consumers. Their modern and minimalist approach to design, provocative imagery and authentic connection to culture has resonated with customers for over 50 years.
This role is part of the Merchandising Team with a focus on Special Developments. This includes all of their non-seasonal business such as NOS, Re-orders, Account Exclusives, and Capsules. The role will focus on providing support for the Merchandiser while the Director is on Maternity leave.
The VM Creative Designer – VM tools reports into the Senior Visual Merchandiser, VM Retail + Wholesale Main responsibilities are designing VM tools for retail landscape, with the main focus on hangers and mannequins. Project managing all aspects of the process from designing, prototyping, production to distribution coordination.
What you will be doing:
- Designing retail hangers and mannequins, closely working with the VM lead. Collaborating and co-creating development of all other CK VM tools, in close partnership and collaboration with the store concept team
- Project managing all aspects of the process from designing, suppliers, prototyping, production and distribution coordination
- Responsible for creating and conducting surveys and market researches
- Responsible for the management of all data, technical drawings, surveys, competitors’ analysis, new material researches
- Build strong partnerships and work alongside with store concept, procurement, store development, other internal stakeholders alongside with external teams
- Driving internal communication across all stakeholders facilitate collaboration between team
- Preparing and presenting proposal decks to internal stakeholders within the business
- Manage all aspects of the creation of the VM tools catalogues and guidelines for internal/ external stakeholders (EMEA Markets)
The ideal candidate:
- Bachelor degree in design/architecture or similar with experience from design, technical detailing to production
- 4/5-year experience in these areas or similar position
- Experience in designing and development of hangers and mannequins a plus
- Professional experienced in retail visual merchandising / creative
- Experienced in project management
- Ability to balance design with operational needs
- Strong time management, planning and organizational skills, ability to multi-task
- Creative, passionate, hardworking, organized and motivated
- Proactive. Strong problem solving and decision making
- Open-minded and international mindset
- Good communication skills, strong command of English (written & spoken)
- Able to build productive internal / external working relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment being self-reliant when necessary
- Strong sketch-up skill/ basic designer
- Adobe creative suite, specifically Photoshop and Indesign
- V-Ray is a plus
- Experienced working focused on sustainability
- Global experience working with various cultures and multi-cultural organizations
We know we're asking a lot, but our client also has a lot to offer in this role for 6 months and 24 hours per week. Is this role you? Then we are looking forward to your application! Applications are open till the 20th of September.